Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Enamored Whale | Special limited edition 2009

It's been three years since I did an illustration named The Enamored Whale, that particular illustration means a lot to me cause practically marked the beginning of my illustrator career and still one of the most popular works I've ever done. So, in a way to celebrate these exciting years of an amazing journey creating art I made a stylized version of The Enamored Whale and brought it to you in a limited edition of signed beautiful letterpress prints. Available now on my ETSY shop by $20.

Print specifications:

• 8.5" X 11" Letterpress print, three colors (chocolate color has a metallic touch) on 100% recycled handmade paper.
• Soy based inks (VOC free) are hand-mixed and printed each by hand in a limited edition of 250. Hand signed and numbered by me.
• Carefully packaged and shipped in stay flat mailer, protected with print protector bag for long-term storage.








The prints were printed by the fine guys of Olivine Studio in Portland, here are some pictures of the process in the making of these beauties, I'm so pleased with the results! :D